07:10 - 07:50 – pickup from Tel Aviv Hotels
09:00 – pickup from Jerusalem Hotel Grand Court
09:15 – start off at the Mount of Olives
16:45 – dropoff at Jerusalem Central Bus station
17:40 - 18:00 – dropoff at Tel Aviv hotels
Please note that due to traffic the times might vary.
You can start the tour in Tel Aviv and end the tour in Jerusalem or vice versa, with no extra charge. Please indicate in the comment box during the booking process.
CITY TOUR JERUSALEM DAY TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
Jerusalem. A word that conjures up passions and emotion for billions of people around the world. A holy city for three of the world’s major faiths Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
Over half of the world has expressed a wish to visit Jerusalem at least once in their lifetime; to walk the same streets as the great figures of history, to follow in the footsteps of millions of pilgrims who have come here with their hopes and dreams, to discover the spirit of this most unique of cities.
As with other group tours we only work with quality, licensed guides and cover all the key highlights such as the Western Wall (Kotel tunnels) and Church of the Holy Sepulchre, but we offer so much more besides.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US AT CITY TOUR JERUSALEM?
- Western Wall Tunnels – most tours scratch the surface of Jerusalem – we discover the depths of the city by including one of its most popular attractions, the Western Wall tunnels. Travel 2000 years back in time and discover the ruins of the Second Jewish Temple. While the tunnels are booked up way in advance we guarantee that you will be able to visit them on our tours.
- Small group experience. With a maximum of 14 people on a tour, you will get more attention from the guide and move around more quickly so that you can see and experience more.
- Single language tour. Although you don’t realize it at the time, many group tours are bilingual, so the guide has to repeat everything twice in different languages. Our tours are only in English so you can have more time to visit different sites.
- Tour Guide - tours are only as good as their tour guides. CityTourJerusalem gives people the opportunity to see the city through the eyes of Tour Guides who love Jerusalem.
- Separate guide and driver. Don’t waste time parking or getting to/from the bus. We employ both a guide and a driver so that you can maximize your time in Jerusalem, and so the guide can focus on your questions on the bus.
- Your choice for lunch – instead of being shepherded into a tourist restaurant, we will offer a few different options for great local flavors at lunch for you to choose from and experience the city for yourself
JERUSALEM DAY TOUR DESCRIPTION
Our Jerusalem City day tour is designed to help you feel and understand the city through its stories and traditions, not to overwhelm you with dates and figures - we want to share "our Jerusalem" with you.
After pick up from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, we open our tour on the Mount of Olives, discovering the holiness of the site and enjoying one of the city’s most stunning viewpoints (introduction into the Jerusalem story).
From here we descend and enter the Old City.
Inside the Old City we will visit and understand the most important sites: the Western/Wailing Wall (the ruins of the Second Jewish Temple), the Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (the path of Jesus from receiving the cross until his crucifixion and burial), and the Tower of David which contains a remarkable panorama of the Old City.
During this time we will visit all four quarters (Jewish, Christian, Armenian and Moslems) of Jerusalems Old City and of course have time for a lunch break in a choice of authentic local restaurants.
We are the only daily tour that offers you the opportunity to visit the Old City’s most popular attraction, the Western Wall tunnels, where you can descend 2000 years in time under the ground to explore ancient Jerusalem.
We will conclude our day outside the Knesset, Israel’s parliament, to discover also an aspect of the new Jerusalem and its role in the modern Israeli state.
Return to drop off stations in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.